Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Adbusters is a not-for-profit, reader-supported magazine concerned with the erosion of our physical and cultural environments by commercial forces. Since 1989, the magazine has been featured in hundreds of alternative and mainstream newspapers, magazines, television and radio shows. Known worldwide for sparking Occupy Wall Street, Adbusters is also responsible for social media campaigns such as Buy Nothing Day and Digital Detox Week.
Included in the magazine are incisive philosophical articles and activist commentary, coupled with impact design that seeks to unbound the traditional magazine format. Issues relevant to our contemporary moment, such as media concentration, climate change and genetically modified foods are regularly featured. We seek out a world where economy and ecology exist in harmony. By challenging people to become participants as opposed to spectators, Adbusters takes aim at corporate disinformation, global injustice and the industries and governments who actively pollute and destroy our physical and mental commons.
Back issues and future issues are available for purchase within the App.
Future issues are also available through the following auto-renewing subscription(s):
-6 Issues (1 Year) at $9.99 / £7.99 / €9.99 / 11.99 CAD
-3 Issues (3 Months) at $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 / 5.79 CAD
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues.
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Stability improvements and iOS 10 support .
Minor bug fixes and crash fixes .